Noise and nuisance 

Noise and other nuisance can adversely affect the quality of our lives but fortunately, there are some legal remedies available. Noise in particular can be a serious problem dealt with by calling the local authority, who have environmental health officers with noise meters. They can, if satisfied that there is a problem, bring a criminal prosecution to stop the noise-makers. Landlords can sometimes be approached to force troublesome tenants to curb their activities. This is an implied condition of all tenancies. 
Nuisance is a more general interference with one’s right to enjoy life. 
In either case the civil courts deal with applications. The usual remedy is an injunction, or order that the conduct complained of must stop. Disobedience is contempt of court, punishable in principle by imprisonment. 

Our Dispute Resolution Team 

Will Cowell leads the Dispute Resolution team, please telephone 01223 202 345 or e-mail Will to discuss your issue. 

Get in touch  

Call us on 01223 202 345 to talk to Vicky or Ryan. Alternatively you can email us at 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings